Upton Broad and Marshes


Image of the Day - Mute Swan on the nest
Note: the feathers on the head and neck are stained orange-brown by iron and tannins in the water


Having walked around the edge of the Marsh on my previous walk and; been suitably impressed by the host of wetland plants, I was inspired to devote a day to exploring the Marsh properly. 

Looking at the map there didn't seem to be any footpaths, but fortunately after a quick bit of surfing I located a site with details of permissive paths through the marshes. You can use this or my track on EveryTrail below. I strongly recomend using my GPS trails as some of the paths are indistinct and some are very close to the edge of treacherous 'quaking marsh' - at least I can guarantee that my trail avoids this area. (You may be lucky enough to find a Norfolk Wildlife Trust leaflet at the car park but this shows paths through the woods only, and keeps well away from the Broad and Marshes).
one of the many dykes in the wood


Nesting Mute Swan

Upton Broad from a viewing platform


Upton Broad and Marshes at EveryTrail

1 comment:

  1. That is a fantastic overview of Upton broad, there isn't too much on the net so thanks for that.

    We recently wrote a review of Upton broad which might be of interest:
    Norfolk Broads

    Keep up the good work, great photography!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

© All rights reserved

Search This Blog