Holkham Beach

Location: Holkham Beach - The beach was made famous when it featured in the closing scene of 'Shakespeare in Love', which shows the shipwrecked Viola (Gwyneth Paltrow) walking out of the sea onto Illyria (Holkham) beach.

Slap bang in the middle of a heatwave, my only concern was how to keep cool. Photography couldn't have been further from my mind. So I jumped in the car, turned on the air con, and headed for the beach - a no brainer - it had to be Holkham.

I had my camera with me but wasn't expecting to take any photos - I've walked here so many times over the past 35 years that the place must be all snapped out. But as I was walking along the sea edge enjoying the cool breeze I was just taken by the image above. Could I still be on the North Norfolk coast? Surely I'd been transported to the Caribbean or the Maldives.

Camera Work: Nikon D80 settings - RAW(12bit), ISO 100, Exposure: F/8, 1/100 sec., Focal Length 32mm, Color Mode - Mode IIIa, Sharpening High.

Filters: UV, Polarizing

Post Processing: None. Honest!

Style: Snapshot. I took several, each with different levels of waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

© All rights reserved

Search This Blog